READY? GET SET. SHOP! Are you ready for the holidays? Have you planned your promotions yet? Keep these special shopping dates in mind and use these creative tips to capture your share of the holiday (food) dollar.
Black Friday, Nov. 28
- Stay up late! Offer a special late nite dessert promo so shoppers can grab some extra caffeine and carbs to help them stay awake for those all-nite sales!
- Open early for a special shoppers’ breakfast or brunch—customers can refuel after they hit the 4am sales!
- For more casual restaurants, consider offering a breakfast combo they can grab-and-go as they rush off to their favorite store.
- Take yourself to them! Do you have a catering truck or portable food booth? Partner with a local retailer that will let you bring breakfast to the shoppers either in the parking lot or in the store. Or for those smaller, more upscale retailers, offer a special on a catered continental breakfast they can provide free to their customers to help lure in more early morning shoppers.
- Take out! Be ready for tired shoppers who want take-out. Forget dragging out the turkey leftovers and a messy kitchen, promote to-go orders for those who have shopped ‘til they’ve dropped.
Small Business Saturday, Nov. 29
- You’re a small, local business—why not join in the opportunity with a special shopping day just for you? Encourage shoppers to keep sharing the small business love even when they stop to eat!
Cyber Monday, Dec. 1
- While customers were busy shopping all weekend, the supermarket was one store they probably didn’t hit. And by now, everyone is tired of leftovers. After they’ve spent all day shopping on the internet, give them the nite off with a take-out special. And, since you know they are on the internet all day on Cyber Monday, make it easy…put your promo on the internet too, where they are sure to see it! Hint—Facebook ads are a great and inexpensive way to tie-in with a local retailer or geographic shopping area.
Ask your Jake’s representative about our unique selection of holiday products and how we can help you make the most of this busy season with creative ideas and menu solutions.